Wednesday, 30 April 2008
We had our yearly street festival and parade. This organ was part of the parade - I just got goosebumps when I saw it. The sound is unreal.
I just googled it and came up with this. Obviously it is better in real life. It's absolutely huge with its dimensions being 4m high x 6m wide x 2.5 deep. It weighs 2.5 tonnes
It was developed in the 19th century in the Netherlands. It is now owned by Australia Fair.
It is the only organ of its type in Australia and it travels around 30,000 km each year visiting towns, cities and small communities.
Monday, 28 April 2008
I shall take some photos of it tomorrow. I must admit at the time I didn't want to send my creation off in fear that it would get squashed. Its a little 3D house. I think I added some photos a few posts back. I shall take a photo of the mag and the actual item tomorrow.
We went straight to a coffee shop where Sean picked up some green beans so he can roast them from home - this is his latest passion. He uses an old breadmaker and a heat gun to actually roast the beans. The smell is divine!!!!! And the coffee is fantastic.
We then headed to a couple of shops that I have been wanting to visit for a while.
One of them was "Meet Me At Mikes".......this is a lovely, quaint little shop with lots of retro/vintage type goodies ranging from brooches and jewellery, old sewing patterns, old toys, new toys, old cothes, new clothes............old/new fabrics.........I just loved the shop but unfortunately it was a little out of my budget which is a shame - I really wanted something as a memento of my visit but just couldn't justify the prices - and I also noticed that I have a lot of similar things that I have collected over the years - which also means that I am sitting on a gold mine............LOL. But to me these types of things are priceless and I will treasure them forever.
The other shop was similar - cant think of the name.........I found this gorgeous melamine cupcake (which was a glorified sugar bowl or container) and it was $36.00 now I loved it but not that much, same deal though - it was great for a look. I can safely say that I would go back there again but it was great to satisfy my curiosity!!!!!
Then from there we went to Sth Melbourne. From Sean's coffee forum a few guys had told him about this great coffee shop. So we had lunch and a great coffee.
It was so nice to be strolling around holding hands and just checking everything out. We drove around some beautiful old streets with gorgeous old homes and saw lots and lots of different things.
So that's about my day in a nutshell - a large nutshell actually...........but hey............just had to share what we got up to.
Hope your day was a gooooodgen!!!!!
Sunday, 27 April 2008
Josh took a nice mark and then was tackled and kicked a point - it was great for him to just get a touch. I thought to myself that if he could at least touch the footy then he would be chuffed - and chuffed he was. He did a few other things here and there.
His team won - cant remember what the score was but it was about a 4 or 6 goal margin.
They all went back into the clubrooms afterwards to listen to the coach. He was very proud of them too. He is just wonderful with the kids.
So next week will see us travel to Narre Warren and it will be an afternoon game. How are we going to contain Josh all day til the afternoon? LOL...............he is going to be itching to have another go.
It is rather cold here today so we are all just relaxing around doing what we want - I am going to create.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Saturday, 26 April 2008
Josh had a birthday party with his best mate that he made at Kinder. They spent about 3 hours at a Slot Car place in Dandenong. We dropped him off there and us girlies took off to a shopping centre. We had lunch there which was nice and then I decided I was going to get my haircut.
I normally go to my regular hairdresser but just thought like getting it cut today. Just walked in to this place, it was under New Management and the price was $9.00. You know it probably only took the girl 9 minutes to cut it all up so $9 was pretty darn good I reckon. The quickest and the cheapest haircut I've ever had..............and to boot...........its a great haircut. Bonus!!!!
Josh has his big day tomorrow - his first game of footy. I'm getting a little nervous I must admit...........he's just so stoked........must remember to get a photo of him all dressed before he heads off.
Not much else planned for the rest of the weekend. I know its going to be wet, but we need the rain.
Have a great weekend everyone, stay safe.
Friday, 25 April 2008
(This photo is one of the girl's little memento from their visit to the Shrine Of Remembrance in Melbourne. Our girls went with their school yesterday. Its great to make the kids aware of the men and women who fought for our country)
Thursday, 24 April 2008
Yay..........my card has made the front cover of Issue 76 of Australian Paper Crafts Magazine................
I was just so excited I had to share!!!!
Wednesday, 23 April 2008
(the photos are of the young pilgrims from our parish who will take part in World Youth Day, the other is of the cross and icon and the last one is our Emily as she takes part in the procession by helping to carry the icon(which happens to be mighty heavy)......she was very proud.)
Tuesday, 22 April 2008
A very busy day is planned for today.
First up I have craft at school for about an hour then I am helping a friend to write out invitations. Our Parish is hosting a Welcoming Dinner to all new families to the parish/school. It's going to be a big affair and is going to take some organizing, however, it will be great.
Then after school I have Netball Training which by the way is going wonderfully.
Duck home quickly to get the kids organized and whip up some dinner and then we have to be at the girls school for next year for an Information Night. Back home for a little while and then we head off to mass for the arrival of the Cross & Icon (refer previous post).
Boy I am tired just thinking about it...............LOL.
This year in July, Sydney will be the host to World Youth Day (WYD). You can read details about it here.
The cross and icons have travelled all over the world and our church is one of the lucky few to take part in some "once in a lifetime" events.
The cross will be arriving at about 10pm - yes PM tonight. Our family is going along and then there is a vigil til 4am tomorrow morning where there will be a special mass - the cross and icons will then travel on the journey to the next destination. We are holding an early breakfast in our Parish Centre which should be lots of fun - hopefully I will be awake by then as I am helping serve breakfast.
Really looking forward to it - oooh that reminds me - must charge the batteries on our camera........have to be organised.
Just had to share with you.
Monday, 21 April 2008
We are all hanging in there for her and her family and saying lots of prayers - if you are into prayers..........add her to your list.
It's always times like these that it makes you reflect - you start to think how you would be if you were dealt this type of hand. Hard to fathom.
It's also these times that you put things into perspective and try and not sweat the small stuff.
Life is too short.....live each day to the full.
I also had a gorgeous online friend say some gorgeous comments about me and my blog...........it really made my day.
Time for bed me thinks........its been a long day.
Sunday, 20 April 2008
Friday, 18 April 2008
Then I took off to school as the kids had Cross Country run today. I got there unfortunately when the kids had finished. Josh and Tam came in 8th place and our Em came 1st Place...............I was so, so proud of her. She was proud of herself actually. Last time she ran this race she came 2nd so she was chuffed.
I had a short but sweet visit with little Stephen, or should I say not so little Stephen. He is coming up for 8 months old now. He is going to be a big boy I think.
He was asleep when I got there but woke up about 10 mins into the visit. He woke up and gave me a smile which was priceless. I haven't seen George or Medina since Easter Saturday so I needed to give Stephen some kisses to catch up on the ones I have missed.
Oooooh I could eat him up. He is just so cute. The kids were disappointed they didn't get to see him so I am going to try and catch up with Median and Stephen again tomorrow afternoon.
Josh had his jumper presentation at football training tonight. This is his first year of playing football and he is so pumped. He has been training for about the last 6 weeks I suppose. He was really looking forward to getting his jumper and he had a grin from ear to ear when he came home. Sean managed to get some photos actually. I shall add these tomorrow.
Watching Sleepless In Seattle as I type - gotta luv this movie.
Well I've got some creating to do.
Have a beaut weekend everyone - stay safe!!!!!!
There on top of all the mess was one of the most beautiful little notes from my Em.
When they were little I used to sing a little song to them. "good night sweetheart well its time to go........" its the song from Three Men and a Baby.
Emily had written the song out and signed it with her name. She had also added little gold sequins stars around the edge. How sweet. Of course it brought a tear to my eye.
I am going to try and take a photo of it tomorrow. Not sure if it will turn out as it is gold writing on white paper but I will try. Definately going to put this one away.
Gotta luv em!!!!!!!!
I was invited along to a school "Girls Pamper Night" selling my cards. My friend (who's kids go to this fantastic school) asked me about 3 weeks ago if I'd like to sell my cards at their fundraiser night. I was chuffed to be asked and have been busy getting things organized since then.
I didn't want to mention it on my blog as it sometimes can make me anxious. I have done several of these types of things and they have ended up with me being disappointed - I usually only JUST cover cost of the stall and sometimes it doesn't draw enough interest.
But last night I was prepared for just supporting the school.
So off I went armed with lots and lots of cards and some of my OTP's and a basket with
"bargain basket" with bits and pieces of goodies.
I had fantastic feedback and had my first sale probably within in the first 20 mins. I thought to myself after that sale if I didn't do anything else I didn't really mind.
Plenty of people were coming up and having a great old look through the cards and picking up the otp's and checking them out. I even had one mum take one of the business cards that I made up in a hurry yesterday. She is interested in me making an album for her to send to her mother-in-law over in England. How nice. Would luv to give that a go!!!!!
I managed to also win a door prize - small perfume and body oil and then not long before the night was over I won a fantastic prize in the raffle. Boy was I excited about that.
I won a lovely pair of earrings, a $20.00 gift voucher to one of the ladies shops in Pakenham that I just adore and the most gorgeous little bag/purse. I am going to take a photo of them to show you.............just divine. How lucky was I?!!!!!!!!!
So I drove home one happy little black duck - that's for sure.
Just had to share my excitement with you all.
Tuesday, 15 April 2008
Sunday, 13 April 2008
Came home to a nice home cooked meal - Sean's mum used her new Slow Cooker..........now that's what I call service...........LOL. It was lovely not having to come home and think about what we were going to have.
Boy is it nice to be home.
I always say "its so nice to go out for the day - but its even better when you get home!".
Early night me thinks.
Saturday, 12 April 2008
Thursday, 10 April 2008
Monday, 7 April 2008
Thursday Sean and Josh went to FarmWorld in Warragul and had a ball - dodging lots of heavy showers though. But we need the rain. Us girlies went into Warragul to shop. Got some rather cute goodies at the op-shops. Shall take a photo of them tomorrow.
Had a great time catching up with all of Sean's family. First time in 6 years since we've all been together. The kids had a ball catching up with cousins. We all had a ride in Sean's brother's boat - he took us all over to the other side of the inlet and them the kids got towed around on a "sea biscuit" floating device thingy - they had a ball. We stopped there for lunch and then got taken back by boat again. BBQ for tea and lots of talking, laughing and sitting around and relaxing.
Sunday we all went to mass, home for lunch and then the long trip home - about 4 1/2 hours. Oh well - we arrived back safely that is the main thing.
Today - well today was spent doing heaps of washing - 4 loads. That's it I'm done.
Sean's sister, brother-in-law and 4 kids will be arriving on Wednesday til Saturday so if you dont see me around you know I will be busy. Will be good fun though. The weather is supposed to be nice so that will be handy.
Not much else planned this week - kids are back to school tomorrow and Sean is back at work.
Got some creating to do I reckon.
Wednesday, 2 April 2008
Working at Bunnings he had plenty of opportunities to get someone.
So he gets there first thing in the morning and there are toilets for sale on display near the Trade Desk. He quickly gets to and grabs a bottle of water and then searches high and low for some yellow dye from the Paint Department. He tips the nice yellow coloured water into the toilet bowl. Several team members walked by and Sean lifted the lid and said to each one "did you see what some bugger did?".........with a disgusting look on his face. He managed to catch plenty of them out. Apparently he asked one of the girls on the Trade Desk if she had cleaned it yet, she said no, so Sean pretended to storm in behind the desk, grab a cloth and proceeded to clean out the bowl. He came back, wiped the wet cloth on her and she pulled away. He had to fess up then ...........LOL. Naughty boy.
We dropped our car off on Friday last to get it converted to gas - still waiting. I tell ya what - it had better be ready today as we are heading off on a few days break, leaving tomorrow.
Cant believe the cost of the conversion, we do get a rebate but we have to pay double that to start with. Sean worked it out that it will take us about a year for it to pay for itself so I suppose that's not too bad.
We are going to need it on gas especially next year when I am going to and from school with the girls. It will be great to have the car back - that's for sure. We have been walking everywhere of course but just the thought of not having a car is "driving" me crazy........LOL.
Sean and Josh are off to Farmworld tomorrow and us girlies will be going shopping - look there's just some things in life you HAVE to do and shopping is definately one of them............LOL.
Then from there we are heading to Sean's family. Should be a nice break.
Kids go back to school on Tuesday. It's been a funny school holidays this time as they were only at school for 8 weeks before this Easter break.....bit crazy really. All the other states only started their holidays this week.
Take care...........have fun...............luv Sandie
Tuesday, 1 April 2008
Ok here I go......... 1. My real name is Sandra (but don't call me that - it means I'm in trouble)
2. I am 37 years old
3. I met Sean (couldn't stand him at first) started off as friends - first real boyfriend really, engaged and married within 13 months.
4. Have 3 beautiful kids - Emily 10, Tammy 9, Joshua 7 (girls are only 13 months apart - clever really (not - big surprise but wouldn't swap it)
5. Won a competition on Triple M radio station in 1999 which was called "Millenium Dreams"......won a cheque for $10,000 which enabled us to buy our first home.........unreal.
6. I am a born worrier - when I don't have a worry I think "oh, now there must be something to worry about.
7. Favourite colours are pink, red and green.
8. Luv red shoes - if I see someone with red shoes I get rather excited
9. Have a phobia about bare feet - if I see someone out shopping with no shoes on it freaks me and I quite often have dreams about being down the street with no shoes on - freaky I know.
10. I have lived in 6 different houses and have told Sean and several other people that if our house falls down I'm going with it....don't want to move again (Dont want a morbid funeral would rather a Jazz mass where everyone is tapping their feet -I've already put in my order for a Jazz mass)
11. I love to make people happy
12. I am more of a listener than a contributor to conversations.
13. I don't have any desire to travel overseas - very much a home body.
14. Would luv to own my own craft store one day or a Coffee House
15. I have been creating cards for about 15 years -started off very basic and self taught
16. My second car was a brand new Laser - only new car I have ever owned
17. I haven't met a cake I don't like - I'm like a dog at a butchers shop when I'm outside a cake shop - yummo
18. Love, love, love chocolate
19. I have lost 25 kg twice in the last 10 years - once with Weight Watchers and once at a local weight loss group
20. Was diagnosed with PCOS - Polycystic Ovary Syndrome last year which means weight gain problems and lots of hormone related problems (gotta luv those hormones)
21. Also have Rosacea which means a red blotchy face thing - pooh cack
22. Favourite actor would have to be Matthew McConaghuey - he is magnificent
23. I luv to sit and watch clouds as they move and form different shapes.
24. Luv the smell of freshly cut grass
25. Luv to enter competitions
26. Luv Big Brother - even though my mum can't believe I watch "this rubbish" as she says....lol 27. I am one of four kids - older and younger brother and younger sister
28. I am a practising catholic - Sean is from a catholic upbringing too which makes it nice to go to mass each week as a family
29. I am more of a Autumn/Winter person - don't like summer at all - well only that you have more daylight to do things and that you can get the washing done.
30. We have two gold fish 31. Favourite thing to do is go out for a cappuccino and cake (of course)
32. Only completed Year 11 - just finished school when I found a job in the National Bank - where is where I met Sean.
33. Luv to chat to all my friends on the internet.
34. Dont like flying - but managed to fly to Sydney on the weekend to go to Sydney Paperific - caught up with some of my online buddies.
35. I have over 1000 stamps (well that was last count anyway)
36. My favourite stamps would be by HeroArts and Stampin Up
37. Only just started Scrapbooking earlier this year - said that I never would, thought I would only do one layout and now can't stop.
38. I have hazel eyes
39. Dark brown hair
40. Size 7 1/2 to 8 size shoes
41. I stand 5ft 2inch (maybe at a stretch)
42. Luv the challenge of doing OTP projects
43. Luv old things - have a lot of my nan's old china and luv to use them and remember her.
43. Had a miscarriage between no. 2 and 3 baby - very hard to get over
44. Luv Vegimite - if the doctors ever tell me I have to give it up well I'm sorry but no can do. 45. I luv to collect apples - my favourite thing would be a jigsaw apple that Sean made me out of wood with a little worm coming out of it....its priceless.
46. Absolutely luv Christmas - can't get enough of it.....wish it was all year round.
47. I haven't worked since having kids - trying to do things the old fashioned way - I would rather be home for the kids when they get home - its getting closer to me having to work though - very hard to raise 3 kids on 1 wage - holding out a little longer - probably next year.
48. Volunteer at my local St Vicent DePaul op shop each Thursday
49. Luv to have a hot shower in the mornings - especially if I can manage to get one on my own instead of kids coming in every couple of minutes asking me something.
50. I am a born romantic and just love to see the good in people - sometimes I think, I think too much - just want everything to be equal and calm
Wow - my list is a bit all over the place but things just popped into my head and I typed them down as I thought of them......................
(Like I said I compiled this list a couple of years ago. Thought i'd include it on my blog to share with you all - yesterday's "tag" reminded me.
Running from top left we have Lyn, Margaret, Wirg, Marion, Sandie, Kerryn, Sarah and Virginia.
Great job everyone!!!!!