Wednesday 27 August 2008

A dream come true............

ever since I was a little girl I have always wanted to play the flute. I play by ear - I can only just read music but dont like to. I used to be able to jump on a keyboard and just play whatever song came into my head. I just love music.

Anyway, we had a visit from a friend tonight. She was having a clean out for our Fete. Books, cd's, old containers.............and..........in amongst everything a flute. I couldn't believe my eyes.
She said - go through everything and if there is anything you like yourself you can have it, all the other stuff can be donated to the fete. I was totally amazed that there before me was the most beautiful looking flute.

I thought - this cant be for real. I had better give her a ring just to make sure. Sure enough it WAS hers but she hasn't played it for years.

So while I was cooking dinner I picked it up - as you do when you're cooking dinner............LOL.
It's going to take me a while to get the technique no doubt, but I'm determined to get it. I used to play the recorder at school, but I'm thinkin its slightly different than that.

I shall take a photo of it tomorrow for "show and tell".............LOL.

I am truly blessed. Today is a very lucky day.

A huge thank you to Monica for making my dream come true.

Thanks for popping in................luv Sandie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How neat is that! Make sure you let us know how your getting on with the flute! And don't forget us when your on stage at the Opera House one day lol ;o)

Sandie said...

Thanks Bex. Opera House...........LOL.......we can only but dream!!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Luv Sandie

Wirginia said...

Oh Wow Sandie, that is so totally amazing. I can imagine you playing it in the kitchen, you funny lady you. Looking forward to seeing it. Oh man you wouldn't want to try the trombone would ya? LOL, my Mum had one, well it's still at Dad's, all gold and worth a small fortune. None of us can play it, but Dad won't part with it. LOL. I'll put the story about it on my blog one day soon.
love and hugs
Wirgie x x

Unknown said...

WOW !! I used to play the flute ! I can't remember any of the notes or anything now, but I still remember how to hold it and stuff. I sometimes wish I'd kept it up, but mum and dad couldn't afford to buy me my own... *sigh*