Monday 29 September 2008

Birthday Boy

I cannot believe that a year ago I was helping to deliver a baby into the world.

Our little Stephen (as we call him) turned 1 yesterday. I invited George & Medina to have a little party at our house. I made a cake - everyone covered it in Smarties and we popped a No. 1 candle in the middle. Stephen was amazed by the flame of the candle - of course as all little kids are and immediately went to grab it......LOL. As most little toddlers do - he crumbled all his cake on the table. I think he managed a couple of small crumbs before we promptly wiped him clean...........LOL.
It was so nice to be able to spend time with him on his birthday.

I will include some photos soon.

Luv Sandie

4 comments:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

What a lovely thing for you to do Sandie. You say "stephen"; is his name different in his own language? I would love to know what it is (I love Sudanese names).
Can't wait to see some photos. Its incredible that its been a year already!!!
Deanne
xx

Sandie said...

Thanks Deanne. I think they chose Stephen as a biblical name, his middle name is "oceya" pronounced "ocheya"........cant remember what that means though......shall have to ask Medina.

Thanks for popping in.

Luv Sandie

Anonymous said...

stephen is my dad's name. :) can't beleive it's been a year!! would love to see some photos of the gorgeous boy!

Renee Lamb said...

Well, a little late to the party! but hope he had a wonderful time and a wonderful birthday! time flies doesn't it??