Tuesday 18 August 2009

Little Scrapbook Shop Cybercrop

On the weekend I joined in the fun of a cybercrop going on over at Little Scrapbook Shop.

The first challenge was to create a card

I used one of my NEW Daisies colours which is

Caramel.

Here is the card

augustcardsketch

The next challenge was to create a layout all about
“how you recharge your batteries”

The way I recharge my batteries is to call on my good old “chick flicks” I took a photo of “some” of them and then added all bits and pieces of embellishments to the layout. I had heaps of fun with this one. This is the sort of layout I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. Just adding things as I went along – things that make me happy!!

chickflicks

chickflicksa

The nex challenge was to create a layout using acetate somewhere on your layout – the idea was to have it exposed with nothing at the back of it – like a window. We could use it anyway we liked – circles, squares etc – as long as it was see through. Here is my layout.

I saw a similar idea using these framed boxes somewhere in my travels – it was using a Digital kit – I thought “hey I could re-create something like this” so here it is. These photos are of my gorgeous little Sudanese godson – Stephen. This was celebrating his first Christmas in 2007. I just love him!!!!! You can see in the photo that I have left the 3rd and 5th boxes empty – this is where the acetate is.

stephens1st

stephens1sta

The next challenge was to use a photo of someone or something sleeping or resting. This time I have used a photo of Stephen’s dear little brother Steward – here he is sleeping in his mum’s arms. What a gorgeous little face – how are those kissy lips????

inspirationlayout

inspirationlayouta

inspirationlayoutb Just adding that I won this challenge - yay!!!

And last but not least – our next challenge was a “Step by Step” Helen showed us how to create a flower pot card.

I have added my yummy new colours in my Handmade Daisies to create this card. Here it is

stepbystepaugust 2 New Daisies Colours – Chocolate and Peppermint (also Hot Pink)

stepbystepaugustb

This photo shows some hand stitching I added to the card as well.

Well that’s it – that is the most creating I’ve done in a long time and I’ve gotta say the most fun I’ve had in a long time too.

Thanks for popping in – hope all is well in your part of the world.

Luv Sandie

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow Sandie! You have been scrapping up a storm!
I love your layouts just as much as your cards...
You are so talented!!
I have left you some love on my blog too!
Hugs, Lisa xxx

Sandie said...

Wow thank you Lisa.

Off to have a lookie at your place.

Luv sandie

Kellie said...

Sandie your LO's are amazing and your cards always just BLOW me away! I love the LO on your chick flicks, it's nice to scrap something other than a face/animal sometimes, if you get me?

I just made 2 cards with your flowers rady for my blog tomorrow. I have lost my mojo and they are helping it slowly come back and one card I got the idea from you with those gorgeous cupcakes! Of course will give credit where it due ;)
Take care xx

Sandie said...

Gidday Kellie, so glad that my little daisies have helped find your mojo. It happens to all of us - don't worry.

Thanks for the compliments on my layouts. It was nice to actually get stuck into some layouts for a change.

Take care. Luv Sandie