Monday 14 September 2009

So You Think You Can Scrap Round 3





Well it's that time again - time for my layout to be entered into the 3rd round of So You Think You Can Scrap at Scrapbook Capital.
The challenge had to contain 2 or more of the following
Chalk
Paint
Ink
Oil
Plaster
Bleach

So I opted for chalking - I chalked the word "fabulous" at the bottom of the layout.
I inked the flowers and the leaves using Brown StazOn ink then I painted each flower and leaf with several colours of paint. I actually used a sheet of artists canvas and stamped directly onto that - this was lots of fun and so great to paint onto. The back of the photo is a sheet of canvas as well. I had fun with this by fingerpainting directly onto the canvas - metallic blue for the sky and green for the grass.

The other technique I used was bleaching - I stamped the "Love is a child's smile" stamp into a little bit of household bleach and then stamped onto some recycled pink cardstock.

So there you have it - this is a photo of my cheeky little niece "Logan"..........she has the most gorgeous eyes.
Thanks for popping in.
Luv Sandie

5 comments:

CreativeMe68 said...

Gorgeous LO Sandie...Congrats on getting through! Luv Shaz xoxo

Carol said...

Hey Sandie
Congrats...Love this LO...
And good luck for this round...
Carol x x x

Renee Lamb said...

Absolutely wonderful and creative layout! I've been wanting to try the bleaching technique but somehow am afraid to use bleach on my stuff! LOL - but after seeing how you used it - I may just give it a whirl! Congrats on making it through to round 3 too! I'm here cheering you on!

Sandie said...

Gidday Renee, thanks for popping in.
Thanks for your lovely comments - hope I have inspired you enough to get the good old bleach out.

As long as you rinse your stamps with warm soapy water after use they will be fine.

Lots of luv.

Sandie

Sandie said...

Thanks Carol and Shaz, nice of you to pop in.

Luv sandie

(Oh and I made it through this round too - yay)