Wednesday 3 March 2010

Australian Papercraft Essentials Issue No. 7

Yay - popped into the newsagents to find my latest set of cards are in this issue. I was commissioned by the magazine to create some cards by making my own embellishments.

I found an old men's tie in an op-shop - it's teal and has a paisley design all over it. I also used the foil tops off yoghurt and butter, old photo slides, old sewing patterns, self-covering buttons, bottle caps, ice-cream lid (for the torso) and other bits and pieces. I used a piece of the tie for each card. They were so fun to make - I just love to recycle.

Thanks for looking.

 

filmslide tag1
tie1 torso1
vintagepage1  

Luv Sandie

16 comments:

Anita said...

How clever are you! You can make an old op-shop tie look a million bucks! I am in awe at your creative genius my friend. Well done. xxx

Anonymous said...

You are so clever. I especially love your evening dress one!
Heike x

Sandie said...

Thank you girlies. You should give it a go yourself. It was lots of fun and very easy.

Luv Sandie

Melleny Ams said...

These looks fantastic Sandie

Sandie said...

Thanks Mel. Thanks for popping in.

Luv Sandie

jo said...

Fabbo Sandie, well done!

DebiJ said...

Wow Sandie - ever resourceful....so very clever ! I love these cards & the dress is divine! xx

Sandie said...

Thanks to Deb and Jo too.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Luv sandie

Melinda Spinks said...

I grabbed a copy of the mag today and settle down with a big glass of diet coke which almost went all over the mag when I saw your cards... how exciting! Sandie, your cards are absolutely stunning and so darn original, so you! Congratulations!

Sandie said...

Thanks Melinda. I know what you mean - it's great when you flick through a magazine and think "hey I know her, and her............"

Thanks for popping in and have a great long weekend.

Luv Sandie

DebiJ said...

PS

I went to the op shop yesterday & bought a tie Sandie.....I have to have a little whirl at making some cards too...

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.....my scrap room is nearly all mine!! xxxxx

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness WOW!!! What more can I say really??

:) Luv Shelee

Lyn S said...

Congrats on getting published again Sandie!

I love how you used the tie! Especially love the dress you made with it!

Sandie said...

Thanks Shelee and Lyn.

You go Deb - can't wait to see what you create.

Luv Sandie

Alli Miles said...

Wow these cards are incredible!!!

Sandie said...

thank you Alli - I appreciate your lovely comment.

Luv Sandie